Everyone knows Visiting to a car repair shop can be a painful thing to your wallet. The best way to prevent this costly repairs is by taking good maintenance steps that will keep your car in the best condition possible. Here are 6 simple tips to get your started.
- Make sure you follow your maintenance schedule as outlined in your vehicle manual or owner's manual. The best one is always follow the guidelines that your manufactured outlined in the manual. Not only it will not void your warranty, you can also save save money in the long run.
- Upgrade your engine oil to a higher performance synthetic oil, which can help to prevent internal engine problems and can also improve your car's mileage and performance.
- Keep all tires properly inflated. If you have 4 tires all the same size, make sure you rotate your tires often. It can help your tire last long and also improve your car's mileage.
- Make sure your car's wheels are properly aligned. It can prolong the life of your tires. The best alignment deal I've used is the wheel alignment service offered by Firestone. They offer life time wheel alignment service for only twice the amount of a single alignment charge, which means if you take your car for wheel alignment twice, and you could've make your money back.
- If you notice unusual noise from your car, check with your car's repair manual for troubleshooting steps to diagnose the problem. You can save your trip to your auto shop by identifying the problem first. Some problems can be minor and you can even do it yourself.
- Always take your car to reputable auto repair shop. There are many reputable auto repair shop, you don't have to necessary bring your car to your dealer for service as they usually cost more than others.
These are just some simple tips that could help your car keep running longer smoothly and may also save some extra money from your wallet.
If you have any other tips, feel free to contribute.
Happy auto repairing.